November 16, Thursday
7 to 8:30 pm
Central Lutheran Church
1000 Easton Rd. between Lake Gardens and Vinemont
- Gather, network, and hear the inside scoops on neighborhood news.
- Enjoy a variety of refreshments and beverages.
- Featured speaker: Shawndrea Smith of the City of Dallas Zero Waste Team
- Meet acting commander of the Dallas Police Dept. Northeast Division, Major Avery L. Moore (tentative), and Kevin Kelly, VIP coordinator for the Dallas Police Dept.
- Elect officers and assign committee leaders for 2018. See below.
Our featured speaker will be Shawndrea Smith of the City of Dallas’ Zero Waste Team. She’ll talk about the municipal recycling program and how citizens can help make it an even bigger success. She’ll entertain questions about recycling, trash collection, and bulk trash. Giveaways courtesy of the Zero Waste Team.
The current Eastwood Board of Directors has nominated the following slate of officers for election at the State of the Neighborhood Meeting on Thur. Nov. 16:
- President – Jud Human
- Vice President – open
- Secretary – Annie O’Kelly
- Co-Treasurers – Justin & Heather Bolner
Are you passionate about improving Playground Park? Or a traffic issue such as slowing traffic on Creekmere? Or creating a book on Eastwood’s history? Running for vice-president is a perfect way to make it a reality.
Just as important as officers are the chairs of Eastwood committees:
- Do you get a thrill at bringing people together? Eastwood needs a social chair to ride herd on a couple ongoing, established events — Easter Egg Hunt and July 4th parade — and bring a welcoming warmth to our twice annual general meetings.
To step up and give to this great neighborhood, please message us here. Read more about the Eastwood board here. http://eastwooddallas.org/about-us/board-of-directors